As I continue to play the tourist in my new city I look forward to exploring nearby museums and cultural centers. I’ve already managed to visit a couple of museums including the Clinton Presidential Center and the Old State House, but there are still so many left to see (and then to revisit)! Of course, to me, nearby states now appear slightly more “local” now than when I was living in Illinois. Living in the “Natural State,” I’m also excited about exploring several state and national parks. The tricky part will be to find the time!
For those interested, here is my ongoing list. It’s a work in progress.
- Historic Arkansas Museum, Little Rock, AR
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, AR
- Hot Springs National Park, Hot Springs, AR
- Crater of Diamonds State Park, Murfressboro, AR
- Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas TX
- Dallas Zoo, Dallas, TX (Um, koalas!)
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science, Dallas, TX
- Philbrook Museum of Art, Tulsa, OK
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and Industry, Fort Worth, TX
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston, TX
- Memphis Brooks Museum of Art, Memphis, TN
I’m very excited about all my upcoming field trips. Do you have any suggestions about what I should see and do in this new region? I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance!